EARLY SWIM START 05:45 AM
This race has introduced a fantastic new innovation - a super early swim start. This one is open to any potential starter that expects to be out on the course for over six and half hours.
For those that started in the early wave, they found it enhanced their experience considerably. Safe and secure in the knowledge that they weren't right out the back of the field, feeling more involved and connect with other competitors.
Please note, on the bike course you must fully comply with all New Zealand road rules. Be prepared to stop. Study the course maps and even go out and check where you turn right after the airport. The marshals will not be on this intersection until after 7 a.m.
This swim start is now compulsory for all competitors:
- If you expected swim time is an hour plus
- If your expected bike time is over four hours - or slower than 22.5 km an hour average speed.
Who have recorded the following times at events:
- Rotorua Half Ironman - six hours thirty plus
- Ironman in over fourteen hours plus
- Tauranga Half Ironman - six hours plus
- Taupo Half Ironman - six hours plus
- Olympic distance triathlon - longer than three hours
Because of this early option, we will now be pulling cyclists from the course who cannot meet the following cut-off points.
- 8 a.m. - airport
- 8:30 a.m. - 30 km mark of aid station
- 9 a.m. - 45 km turnaround point at Lake Rotoma
- 10:20 a.m. - airport return
- 11:15 a.m. - bike course closes
Run course aid station closures
- 12:30 p.m. Green Lake Aid Station
- 2 p.m. Hot Corner Aid Statiom
2:30 p.m. Course closes
Click through here to make a change to your entry.